- Brand new exterior based on the 2011 television show.
- Follow on teleport mode.
- Database travel (gridwide)
- Unique console room.
- Police Box flight.
- TARDIS communicator; have conversations via console & exteriors.
- Fully functional chameleon circuit.
- Extrasim and intrasim travel, land anywhere you wish, gridwide.
- Store an almost unlimited number of locations into HUD.
- Interactive console room such as turbulence, timeram and more.
- Remote controlled takeoffs to freak out your friends.
- Automatic powerup function when owner online, which is entirely optional (owner only function) .
- Addon room function built into console (owner only function) which builds a 2 level addon room adjacent to the main console.
- Group access control switch, granting almost every control to people in the group the TARDIS is set to.
- Avatar scanner for exteriors location and now inside console also.
- Automatic re-positioning of unlinked default parts when main console origin altered with options provided in chat.
- The Prometheus comes complete as MOD/COPY so you can decorate however you wish!
- First of all, wear the VORTECH Prometheus HUD v4.x
- It will take a few moments to settle down (top left of screen), reporting free memory on completion.
- Your HUD is also a teleporter effects HUD and when enabled a police box will materialise before showing your avatar when teleporting to locations. This option is requested when you first wear the HUD, “Rez On” & “Rez Off”. This option is also available at any time via the HUD main menu. Please be aware that the chameleon circuit is inactive for this one use only.
Initial Setup on your land or group land
- Ensure you are wearing the VORTECH Prometheus HUD v4.x.
- Click the HUD and select “Summon” and then select “Police Box” (police boxes carry the console room only).
- Provided you can rez general objects on the land beneath you and your group tag matches that of the land owner, a police box shall be materialising.
- Click the HUD and select “*Console*” and a menu drop down will be presented offering a selection of distance heights.
- Choose a height and console creation will begin.
On completion, the doors will open presenting a small disc titled “Click here for intrasim travel”, this will transport you inside once touched, or teleport via backwall touch.
- Approach the center console and power it online (refer to controls picture) and take off via the console to register the it to the HUD. Please note, if you detach the HUD at any time just take off once more (via console room) to re-register the HUD.
- Initial Setup complete.
Follow On Teleport
- Once the function “Rez On” has been activated, the Police Box will follow you on teleporting to various loactions. When you arrive at your destination, the police box will materialise and then you will appear inside of it.
- This function has no chameleon capabilities, and will always be the Police Box.
- When using follow on teleport function, the Police Box is set to de-materialise after 2 minutes when you are out of range as default.
To have the Police Box remain parked permantly, must disable the sensors via the HUD.
- Click the HUD, [CONSOLE], select “Sensor On” or “Sensor Off”.
Sensor On mode will enable auto dematerialisation when out of range (96m).
There are two mehods in using ExtraSim travel and that is via VORTECHs very own database server, or via your own private locations using the notecard inside the HUD.
Please note that in order for the full effects to work, the following criteria must be followed:
- You or your group are authorised build at the chosen location.
- Object entry is available at location.
- Run scripts option is enabled.
- Teleport routing set to “Anywhere”.
- Autoreturn is set to 0.
- Provided you can rez general objects on the land beneath you and your group tag matches that of the land/group owner, click the HUD and select [REZ PAD].
- From the next presented menu, select “Drop”.
- Once the rezzer pad is in place, touch it and select the button “Add to Grid” or “Add Private”. Selecting grid will add your location which will be viewable to the public and private will only ever be viewable by you.
- A text box will be presented to you to give this location a name. Please only stick to short one worded names.
NOTE: Unsupported viewers will present a dialog box with “!!llTextBox!!”. If this is the case, select that button and then say your chosen button name on channel 1, e.g /1 Home.
- Rezzer pad database setup is complete.
Please note: To help maintain database validility, please ensure you remove the rezzer pads when required via your HUD under the sub menu [REZ PAD].
- To change the display picture shown inside the console doorway and monitor screen, simply replace the image within the rezzer pad before you.
- If you have a selection of exteriors you wish to materialise with, simply drop them into the rezzer pad. You can put a maximum of 250 exteriors in rezzer pads, a lot isn’t it! The exteriors must be in your HUD as well so detach your HUD, drag it from your inventory into the world, edit the HUD and drop your exteriors in. Take the HUD back to your inventory and wear.
- The rezzer pad is now complete, touch the rezzer pad and select “Hide” from the menu presented.
Tip: Once you have filled your HUD with exteriors, you only need to drop the extra exteriors into your next rezzer pad setup and not the HUD again.
- The database grid is user built and relies on the responsibilty of the owner placing the pad.
- The grid performs a scheduled check for validality of locations every 36 hours and will remove entries that no longer exist automatically.
- To view the grid click here.
- When an exterior is on the same land that your console is set on, then upon opening the doors you will see a little disc entitled “Click here for IntraSim travel”.
- The same disc is inside the console also when doors are opened with an exterior in range.
You can manually land with any exterior loaded, to any point in the region where the console is positioned. During flight type in chat the folowling command:
/1234 <x,y,z> e.g. /1234 <19,100,2500>
A menu will be presented before you offering a selection of exteriors, pick one and not before long the TARDIS will begin to land at the exact point you typed in.
Inside The TARDIS
Please refer to the controls texture to identify certain operations.
- Turbulence: During flight activate this to see things not done before!
- De-Mat lever: This will fire up the engines and its corresponding exterior will begin to de-materialise.
- Door Lever: This is a toggle lever which opens and closes the console door and if landed, it will operate the exteriors doors too.
- Status Display Screen: This computer screen shows activity during operation. It will display who is the owner and companion, where you have landed, the chameleon circuit used and the universal date.
- Materialise Crank: Once in flight, you can select a location of a rezzer pad.
- Randomizer: During flight you can hit this button to land anywhere. Please note that an exterior will not spawn on this occasion. For roleplay, enable the teleport effects “Rez On”.
- Keyboard: This will bring forth a series of options. Here you can turn on the avatar scanner for both exterior and console room, enable seats to sit on and select modes for power up. “Auto On” will detect your presence and power on and off in synchronisation with your login. Selecting “Auto Off” disables this feature, handy if you have friends operating the TARDIS.
- Power: This will power down and power up your TARDIS on toggle. Please note that if the online mode is set to auto, then it will keep powering up if you are online.
- Extra Room: This will enable the addon room. A 2 level structure will be built onto your console room. Pressing it again deletes its entirety.
- Information Screen: This screen details Sim activity such as lag, prim count and avatar presence. It will also display online, group and addon room statuses.
- Group Access: This button toggles group access, with it turned off no one but you can operate the console, even those with a group key.
- The monitor on top of the console column displays where the exterior has landed. This rotates on touch.
- Flight navigation is simple, just hit the de-mat lever if you havent done so already. Within moments you will be travelling the time vortex!
- Operating the materialise crank will present you with a selection of exteriors to land as, if no extra exteriors are loaded then only the police box option will be presented.
- Now you will have a selection of locations to choose from, these are from earlier when setting up the rezzer pads.
- After selection of a location, the TARDIS will begin to materialise there.
- If you land an exterior within your TARDIS, you may get a surprise as that’s not meant to happen! You can repair any damages by using the HUD’s “FIX” command whilst wearing a VORTECH sonic screwdriver.
- Once you have landed, open the doors to see your location. If it’s ExtraSim, touch the image to bring up a map to teleport to that location.
- Operating the doors within the console room also opens and closes the exterior doors also.
- When the TARDIS is in auto on mode, she will power on and off depending on your login status and she will even know what to do if you happened to log off during flight!
Note: You need to wear your HUD when operating the TARDIS or the systems will halt.
Police Box Flight Mode
- Right click the Police Box and select “Flight”
- The TARDIS will spin around until you start moving and then stop again if you stand up or chat “stop” in local chat.
- You will have full movement control of the Police Box whilst in flight mode.
You can talk to people standing within a range of 20m of the exterior, and they can talk back too.
- Simply touch the keyboard to bring forth a menu, and select Mic On. The status display screen on the console will show its status.
- Begin chatting in local chat, the exterior will chat console messages and the console will chat the exterior messages.
- If nothing is said within 30 seconds, communications will cease.
You can of course disable the microphone using the keyboards Mic Off feature.
Note: Try not to use commas when chatting otherwise the TARDIS will trim the conversation.
“Hello there” // Will display “Hello there” “Hello, there” // Will display “Hello”
Please note: The microphone function only works where there is a rezzer pad.
- The TARDIS can appear with one of VORTECHs exteriors.
- Detach your HUD and drag it in world.
- Edit the HUD.
- Drag your exterior(s) into the HUD.
- Take the HUD back to your inventory.
- Wear the HUD.
- Go to existing rezzer pads.
- Edit the contents.
- Drag your exterior(s) into the rezzer pad.
When setting up new locations, it is easier to add exteriors as you place them.
- The Prometheus can support 250 different types of exterior, but the more you have you will begin to experience slower repsonse times to comminicate with the HUD
Note: The console will read the exteriors in your HUD, so ensure the rezzer pads contain the same exteriors the HUD has.
There are a number of items that are not linked with the console.
If you decide to move the console around a bit, it will detect this movement and will re-align parts relative to the move.
An option will be said in chat, only viewable by you with the following:
- TARDIS: I have been moved. Re-aligning objects…
- TARDIS: Wish to reset seats and/or addon room? Type one of the following within 15 seconds:
- [ignore | seats | room | all].
- Please note that a reset will restore factory default furniture.
Simply type one of those commands in chat, if you do nothing after 15 seconds the following message appears and you will not be able to issue the above commands unless u move it again:
- TARDIS: Nothing heard, seats & room shall not be reset and remain where they are.
The display messages are linked to the console, so if you happen to add or remove bits from the console the displays will update automatically to compensate. During this process, the screens may look a little strange, but after a run they are all sorted.
Whether you wish to move land or just want to blow up the TARDIS for role play, you can only activate this via your HUD.
Once activated a text box will ask you to verify destruction by typing the word “destruct”.
Upon clicking submit, the TARDIS will begin countdown and will be completely destroyed in 30 seconds. This process cannot be undone.
Note: spelling and capitalization count. If the timer does not start, you have mistyped something.
We hope you enjoy the Prometheus TARDIS!