- Follow on teleport mode.
- Database travel (gridwide)
- Unique console room.
- Fully functional chameleon circuit.
- Sim to Sim and Region travel, land anywhere you wish on the grid
- Random Travel on Grid and Regional
- Store an almost unlimited number of locations into a private online database.
- Remote controlled take off
- Addon room ready
- Group access control, granting almost every control to people in the group the TARDIS is set to.
- Automatic power online function.
- Colour change abilities.
- The console comes complete as MOD/COPY so you can decorate however you wish!
- First of all, wear the Vortech TTC TARDIS HUD V1.20 or later
- Your HUD is also a teleporter effects HUD and when enabled a police box will materialise before showing your avatar when teleporting to locations. This option is requested when you first wear the HUD, “Rez On” & “Rez Off”. This option is also available at any time via the HUD main menu. Please be aware that the chameleon circuit is inactive for this one use only.
Initial Setup on your land or group land
- Ensure you are wearing the Vortech TTC TARDIS HUD V1.20 or later
- Click the HUD and select “*Console*” and a menu drop down will be presented offering a selection of distance heights.
- Choose a height and console creation will begin.
- On completion, a Police Box will materialise and the doors will open. Touch the back wall to be transported inside.
- Approach the centre console and power it online (refer to control set text) and take off via the console demat lever to register the HUD. Please note, if you detach the HUD at any time just take off once more (via console room) to re-register the HUD.
- Initial Setup complete.
Follow On Teleport
Once the function “Rez On” has been activated, the Police Box will follow you on teleporting to various locations. When you arrive at your destination, the police box will materialise and then you will appear inside of it.
This function has no chameleon capabilities, and will always currently be the default Police Box. (Update on this coming soon)
When using follow on teleport function, the Police Box is set to de-materialise after 2 minutes when you are out of range as default.
To have the Police Box remain parked permanently, must disable the sensors via the HUD.
Click the HUD, [CONSOLE], select “Sensor On” or “Sensor Off”.
Sensor On mode will enable auto dematerialisation when out of range (96m).
There are three methods in using ExtraSim travel and that is via VORTECHs very own database server, or via your own private locations and to avatars in the same region as the console.
Please note that in order for the full effects to work, the following criteria must be followed:
- You or your group are authorised build at the chosen location.
- You and your HUD must be set to the group you are proposing to place a pad.
- Object entry is available at location.
- Run scripts option is enabled.
- Teleport routing set to “Anywhere”.
- Autoreturn is set to 0.
- Provided you can rez general objects on the land beneath you and your group tag matches that of the land/group owner, click the HUD and select [REZ PAD].
- From the next presented menu, select “Drop”.
- Once the rezzer pad is in place, touch it and select the button “Add to Grid” or “Add Private”. Selecting grid will add your location which will be viewable to the public and private will only ever be viewable by you.
- A text box will be presented to you to give this location a name. Please only stick to short one worded names as HUD buttons usually display between 10-12 characters.
- NOTE: Unsupported viewers will present a dialog box with “!!llTextBox!!”. If this is the case, select that button and then say your chosen button name on channel 1, e.g /1 Home.
- The next option is to add a UUID for a picture of your location (the one that you will see through the doorway).
- Rezzer pad location setup is complete. Note that you cannot add the same rez pad to the database twice, you must rez a new.
- To remove a rezzer cleanly, touch the pad for a menu and select “DELETE”. This will remove entries from the database be it grid and/or privately and then collapse.
- Please note: To help maintain database validility, please ensure you remove the rezzer pads when required via your HUD under the sub menu [REZ PAD].
- Note: HUD versions 1.03 or later carry all exteriors and will not be modifiable.
- If you have a selection of exteriors you wish to materialise with, simply drop them into your HUD. Drag it from your inventory into the world, edit the HUD and drop your exteriors in. Take the HUD back to your inventory and wear.
- The rezzer pad is now complete, touch the rezzer pad and select “Hide” from the menu presented.
When an exterior is on the same land that your console is set on, the experience is similar except for no requirement for rez pads. This does however bring some limitations as the pad does some work such as microphone.
You can manually land with any exterior loaded, to any point in the region where a person is positioned.
During flight pull the lever and select “Avatar”:
Select the person you wish to travel to and the console will land to that location.
Inside The TARDIS
When you first enter the console, you will see a lot of yellow text labels all over the console. These help identify certain aspects on the TTC.
- Dematerialise: Fires up engines and sets your HUD so make sure its worn.
- Scanner: Scans for lifeforms where landed (must be a rez pad location and an exterior must be present).
- Group: Enables group access to all controls.
- Random : TTC will pick a random location. With group access enabled, friends can fly your TTC!
- Automatic Online: Once enabled the TTC will power on and off with your login.
- Grid/Private: Flight path selector.
- Halt: Ceases flight.
- Power: Shuts down system entirely.
- Cloister: Loops the cloister bell sound.
- Speaker: Listens only (must be a rez pad location and an exterior must be present).
- Lighting: Changes the lighting to suit your mood.
- Doors: Toggles the main doors.
- Text Toggle: Shows or hides the control labels.
Flight navigation is simple, just hit the de-mat if you havent done so already. Within moments you will be travelling the time vortex!
Operating the materialise lever will present you with a selection of exteriors to land as, if no extra exteriors are loaded then only the police box option will be presented.
Select “Gridwide” or “Private”.
Now you will have a selection of locations to choose from, these are from earlier when setting up the rezzer pads.
After selection of a location, the TARDIS will begin to materialise there.
As you begin to land a timer menu will ask how long the exterior is to stay put. (database travel only).
Once you have landed, open the doors to see your location. If it’s ExtraSim, touch the image to bring up a map to teleport to that location.
Operating the doors within the console room also opens and closes the exterior doors also.
Please note that if the location landed does not contain any additional exteriors, the console will materialise with what is available regardless of what you selected.
Police Box Flight Mode
- Right click the Police Box and select “Flight”
- The TARDIS will spin around until you start moving and then stop again if you stand up or chat “stop” in local chat.
- You will have full movement control of the Police Box whilst in flight mode.
You can talk to people standing within a range of 20m of the exterior, and they can talk back too.
Simply flick the switches named ‘Mic’ and ‘Speaker’.
Begin chatting in local chat, the exterior will chat console messages and the console will chat the exterior messages.
If nothing is said within 120 seconds, communications will cease.
Note: Try not to use commas when chatting otherwise the TARDIS will trim the conversation.
- “Hello there im the doctor!” // Will display “Hello there im the doctor!”
- “Hello there, im the doctor!” // Will display “Hello there”
Please note: The microphone function only works where there is a rezzer pad.
The TARDIS can appear with one of VORTECHs exteriors.
- Detach your HUD and drag it in world.
- Edit the HUD.
- Drag your exterior(s) into the HUD.
- Take the HUD back to your inventory.
- Wear the HUD.
When setting up new locations, it is easier to add exteriors as you place them.
The HUD can support 250 different types of exterior, but the more you have you will begin to experience slower response times to communicate with the HUD
- Note: The console will read the exteriors in your HUD.
Move the console to desired location and then just wait. The console will re-align everything for you!
Whether you wish to move land or just want to blow up the TARDIS for role play, you can only activate this via your HUD.
Select “CONSOLE” the destruct, a textbox will ask you to type “destroy” and then submit/send. Once entered correctly you have 30 seconds to erm run!
We hope you enjoy the Metis TARDIS!
- Designed by :- Syaoran Nootan
- Scripted by :- Turokhan Legion and Mishelle Rayna
*Added the random lander for Sim travel (Non Grid)
*Cleaned up some textures and scripting)
- Initial release
- Fixed roundel issue in corridor.
- Added touch function to corridor doors.
- Added extra controls to centre console.