- Follow on teleport mode.
- Database travel (gridwide)
- Unique 40 x 40 console room.
- Police Box flight.
- TARDIS communicator; have conversations via console & exteriors.
- Fully functional chameleon circuit.
- Extrasim and intrasim travel, land anywhere you wish, gridwide.
- Store an almost unlimited number of locations into a private online database.
- Remote controlled takeoffs to freak out your friends.
- Addon room function built into console which builds adds an adjacent to the main console.
- Group access control, granting almost every control to people in the group the TARDIS is set to.
- Avatar scanner for exteriors location.
- The Ganymede comes complete as MOD/COPY so you can decorate however you wish!
- First of all, wear the VORTECH Ganymede HUD v3.x
- Your HUD is also a teleporter effects HUD and when enabled a police box will materialise before showing your avatar when teleporting to locations. This option is requested when you first wear the HUD, “Rez On” & “Rez Off”. This option is also available at any time via the HUD main menu. Please be aware that the chameleon circuit is inactive for this one use only.
Initial Setup on your land or group land
- Ensure you are wearing the VORTECH Ganymede HUD v3.x.
- Click the HUD and select “Summon” and then select “Police Box” (police boxes carry the console room only).
- Provided you can rez general objects on the land beneath you and your group tag matches that of the land owner, a police box shall be materialising.
- Click the HUD and select “*Console*” and a menu drop down will be presented offering a selection of distance heights.
- Choose a height and console creation will begin.
- On completion, the doors will open and touch the backwall to be transported inside.
- Approach the center console and power it online (refer to controls picture) and take off via the console to register the it to the HUD. Please note, if you detach the HUD at any time just take off once more (via console room) to re-register the HUD.
- Initial Setup complete.
Follow On Teleport
- Once the function “Rez On” has been activated, the Police Box will follow you on teleporting to various loactions. When you arrive at your destination, the police box will materialise and then you will appear inside of it.
- This function has no chameleon capabilities, and will always be the Police Box.
- When using follow on teleport function, the Police Box is set to de-materialise after 2 minutes when you are out of range as default.
- To have the Police Box remain parked permantly, must disable the sensors via the HUD.
- Click the HUD, [CONSOLE], select “Sensor On” or “Sensor Off”.
- Sensor On mode will enable auto dematerialisation when out of range (96m).
There are two mehods in using ExtraSim travel and that is via VORTECHs very own database server, or via your own private locations.
- Provided you can rez general objects on the land beneath you and your group tag matches that of the land/group owner, click the HUD and select [REZ PAD].
- From the next presented menu, select “Drop”.
- Once the rezzer pad is in place, touch it and select the button “Add to Grid” or “Add Private”. Selecting grid will add your location which will be viewable to the public and private will only ever be viewable by you.
- A text box will be presented to you to give this location a name. Please only stick to short one worded names as HUD buttons usually display between 10-12 characters.
NOTE: Unsupported viewers will present a dialog box with “!!llTextBox!!”. If this is the case, select that button and then say your chosen button name on channel 1, e.g /1 Home.
- Rezzer pad location setup is complete. Note that you cannot add the same rez pad to the database twice, you must rez a new.
- To remove a rezzer cleanly, touch the pad for a menu and select “DELETE”. This will remove entries from the database be it grid and/or privately and then collapse.
Please note: To help maintain database validility, please ensure you remove the rezzer pads when required via your HUD under the sub menu [REZ PAD].
- To change the display picture shown inside the console doorway and monitor screen, touch the pad and select “Add Pic”, in the textbox provided paste the UUID here.
NOTE: Unsupported viewers will present a dialog box with “!!llTextBox!!”. If this is the case, select that button and then say your chosen button name on channel 1, e.g /2 UUID.
- If you have a selection of exteriors you wish to materialise with, simply drop them into the rezzer pad. You can put a maximum of 250 exteriors in rezzer pads, a lot isn’t it! The exteriors must be in your HUD as well so detach your HUD, drag it from your inventory into the world, edit the HUD and drop your exteriors in. Take the HUD back to your inventory and wear.
- The rezzer pad is now complete, touch the rezzer pad and select “Hide” from the menu presented.
Tip: Once you have filled your HUD with exteriors, you only need to drop the extra exteriors into your next rezzer pad setup and not the HUD again.
When an exterior is on the same land that your console is set on, the experience is similar except for no requirement for rez pads.
This does however bring some limitations as the pad does some work such as microphone.
You can manually land with any exterior loaded, to any point in the region where the console is positioned. During flight touch the keyboard and select “Manual”:
In the textbox, enter co-ordiantes as follows:
A menu will be presented before you offering a selection of exteriors, pick one and not before long the TARDIS will begin to land at the exact point you typed in.
Inside The TARDIS
Starting with the main control panel, which is a blue luminated keyboard with code scrolling upwards on screen. Operate the keyboard for the following commands:
- Land – Opens a sub-menu to send TARDIS to a location.
- Take Off – Speaks for itself.
- Halt – Suspended engines midflight.
- Scanner On – Activates the avatar scanner from outside the exterior only.
- Manual – During a flight, push this and then follow instructions in local chat.
- Scanner Off – De-activates the avatar scanner.
- The panel on the right is the dematerialise button.
- The left is power on and off controls.
- Okay, walk clockwise around the console. where you shall find a control panel with several knobs.
- There are 7 control knobs here, do not push the red one!! (Don’t worry, only you can push this).
The other controls are:
- Lighting – Set the atmospheric lighting
- Status – Shows ships condition on the panel on the left.
- XY Re-Align – If you happen to link or unlink or the text looks a bit odd, push this to sort it out.
- Refuel Core – Often the TARDIS needs refueling, this machine sucks in matter to refuel its engines.
- Around the console you will find a DELL laptop.
From the menu you will find the following:
- Time – Sets the year you wish to travel to. Co-ordinates are displayed to the right.
- Doors – Operates the TARDIS doors.
- Spare room – Opens a sub-menu to allow jetison of spare room.
- Legend – Shows information above each interactive button on the ship.
- To the left of the laptop you will see an EQ. Push this to select a radio station. Please note that you must be on your own land for this to work 100%.
- Lets move around once more to find the last segment.
- The screen will display the ships activity and where you have landed plus more.
Just in front of that is the microphone controls for when you have landed somewhere.
- When you have a rezzer pad in place, and have successfully landed there, you can talk to people within 20m of your exterior and they can talk back too!!!
- Press the green button to activate and the red to stop transmission.
- To the left is a panel to rezz seats around the console.
- The panel to the right will report agents of upto 96m away from your exterior….yes not the console, the exterior so it gives you a sense of realism.
Police Box Flight Mode
Right click the Police Box and select “Flight”
The TARDIS will spin around until you start moving and then stop again if you stand up or chat “stop” in local chat.
You will have full movement control of the Police Box whilst in flight mode.
You can talk to people standing within a range of 20m of the exterior, and they can talk back too. Simply touch the keyboard to bring forth a menu, and select Mic On. The status display screen on the console will show its status.
Begin chatting in local chat, the exterior will chat console messages and the console will chat the exterior messages.
If nothing is said within 120 seconds, communications will cease.
You can of course disable the microphone using the keyboards Mic Off feature.
Note: Try not to use commas when chatting otherwise the TARDIS will trim the conversation.
“Hello there im the doctor!” // Will display “Hello there im the doctor!” “Hello there, im the doctor!” // Will display “Hello there”
Please note: The microphone function only works where there is a rezzer pad.
The TARDIS can appear with one of VORTECHs exteriors.
- Detach your HUD and drag it in world.
- Edit the HUD.
- Drag your exterior(s) into the HUD.
- Take the HUD back to your inventory.
- Wear the HUD.
- Go to existing rezzer pads.
- Edit the contents.
- Drag your exterior(s) into the rezzer pad.
- When setting up new locations, it is easier to add exteriors as you place them.
- The Ganymede can support 250 different types of exterior, but the more you have you will begin to experience slower repsonse times to comminicate with the HUD
Note: The console will read the exteriors in your HUD, so ensure the rezzer pads contain the same exteriors the HUD has.
Move the console to desired location and then just wait. The console will re-align the rotas for you!
This will report agents of upto 96m away from your exterior….yes not the console, the exterior so it gives you a sense of realism.
Rooms are constructed automatically, and aligned to the console.
Activate the addon room configurator from the control panel by the addon room door, a room will be created above you and after a few seconds a teleported will be ready for you.
- Touch HUD to activate menu
- Select [CONSOLE] – Group – On/Off
Whether you wish to move land or just want to blow up the TARDIS for role play, you can only activate this via your console.
With the legend turned on, look for a knob that is red and labelled destruct. Activate this and confirm several times in order to activate self destruct mode.
We hope you enjoy the Ganymede TARDIS!